TISS jobs for Assistant Professor in Mumbai
TISS – Job Details
Date of posting: 04 Feb 2021
Last Date : 12 Feb 2021
Required Assistant Professor (1 post) on Contract for TISS Guwahati Offcampus
Educational Qualification: Eligibility (A or B):
i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Economics/Labour Studies/Development Studies/other allied subjects. from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of ‘Assistant Professor’ subject to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfilment of the following conditions:-
• The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
• The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
• An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
• The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
• The Candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any
similar agency. The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
i. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
ii. the Times Higher Education (THE) or
iii. the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Desirable Qualifications :
• Candidates having specialization in the areas like Labour and Employment/Labour Market/Informal Economy/Public Policy/Social Policy/Gender etc. shall be given preference.
• Ph. D. in the related field.
• Publications in peer-reviewed journals will have an additional advantage.
• Ability to teach inter-disciplinary courses offered across the schools and centres at the Institute.
Consolidated salary of Rs. 65,568/- p.m. (Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100 ; AGP Rs. 6000/-) in 6th CPC as approved by funder.
Job Type : Full Time
Job Role : Teacher / Trainer
Job Category : Govt Jobs,Teaching
Hiring Process : Face to Face Interview
Who can apply : Freshers
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is a Deemed University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC),Government of India. TISS offers Master Degree Programmes, M.phil. And PhD Programmes in the fielf of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies, Habitat Studies and Rural Development from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses.The institute is currently looking for bright candidates to work with Registrar’s office and Computer Centre and thereby to strengthen the IT infrastructure.
|Responsive Ads Here!|